Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1
Project-based learning for beginners: Learn Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign by creating posters, logos and more.
- 15.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Have access to the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I will be using a Mac, but you can just as easily follow along with a Windows machine since the principles will be the same and the apps work on either platform.
- Be proficient with using a computer, although prior knowledge of any of the Adobe apps is not necessary. However, this is not an “A to Z” course for every bell and whistle that each app provides, but rather a roadmap for how to make awesome projects that people are willing to pay for or that employers are looking for you to have skills with creating.
- Some creative skills (drawing, photography, etc.) are helpful and will definitely give you a better chance at becoming successful as a designer, but not required.
- A desire to learn design, whether for a job or for a hobby - design is for everyone!
This course is for anyone who is interested in becoming a graphic designer, and especially geared towards total beginners. The tutor will show you how to make some of the most popular projects in the industry, like:
- custom logos
- business cards
- web graphics
- and more
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We will be using Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; the industry-standard applications for graphic design.
- Learning program shortcuts
- Review relevant terms and design practices to help you create pixel-perfect projects for print and web, with the goal to get you up and running as soon as possible so you can start your new and exciting career as a graphic designer.
- If you aren't looking to learn design for a job, don’t worry - this is a great course for you too! Many of my students are moms looking to make fun cards or invitations, or students looking to spice up their resumes and social media graphics, and teachers looking to add some creative elements to their homework materials
- Private Facebook group available - an awesome resource and an excellent place to post projects, get insightful critiques, and network with other like-minded students and working professionals all over the world.
All project files are included as a free download at the beginning of each section, and you are welcome to use the files however you want, or simply to follow along with the projects as you move through the lessons.
For the most part, all of the principles you will learn in this course transcend the tools you actually use - There are students using Adobe versions from CS3 up to CC 2018, and there are even students using apps like Sketch and Pixelmator to make some of the projects in this course.
If you see anything in any of the lectures that no longer apply with the software update, please let me know! I’m doing my best to keep this course up to date and continue to add value for you.
- Employees or Employers that need to gain skills in graphic design so you can produce graphics and print materials for your company.
- Beginners that want to start a career as a graphic designer.
- Entrepreneurs that plan to start their own business or become a freelancer.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to take their creative ideas and put them into a print or digital format.